Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another day has come and gone

Not to bad of a day, but not the greatest. Still sore from surgery yesterday and throat hurts. It's difficult to not talk and my wife says the nurse told her it is harder on a persons vocal chords to whisper than to talk normal. So I guess I have to quit making my grunting sounds.

Going to take my son tomorrow and look at a female boxer puppy. Never have owned one, but have owned several dogs just never one this big for a house dog. It doesn't have papers, but I am fine with that. We are going to have it spayed and papers are only worth what they are wrote on in my opinion. My best birddog was not some high paper ranking dog, but could hold his own if not out due alot of the high dollar dogs we hunted with.

My wife has been wanting a dog for awhile. Well, since hers had to be put down about 8 months ago. We learned the hard way with him. Great dog and very loveable, loved kids and about anybody who would pet him. Where we made our mistake was we started feeding him table scraps from time to time. He really loved left over steak, but it caused him to get pancreatitis at about 8 years old and they couldn't take him off the iv's. So we had to put him down and felt responsible, which in all reality we were. We won't make that mistake again and will do as much research as we can on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment