Monday, December 27, 2010

Well the day is done

Had my throat surgery today. Wasn't to big of a deal. All they did was remove a growth from my vocal chord and a cyst on the outside of my neck. Doc said the cyst on the outside was pretty nasty, but got it all cleaned up and the knot is gone. Not sure how many stictches I have.

Some how during the procedure one of his instruments he used to go down my throat hit me in the mouth and busted my lip wide open. It's all swelled up, but that's ok. Some people would have already called a lawyer. I am one of those that shit just happens. Not like he removed a testicle or something.

I won't be able to speak for a few days then sparingly for a week or so after that. I go back in a week and get the stitches removed and he will go through my nose and look at my vocal chords like the last few times I went in. It's kind of weird to have someone going through you nose into your throat. I have a pretty quick gag reflex so it makes it that much harder.

Next stop is the stomach doctor on the 5th. I sure hope he has some news for me and we can end all of this for awhile. I am ready to return to work and I know they are ready for me to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment