Saturday, December 11, 2010

Automotive engine and body repair

Just sitting around tonight as I have been doing for some time now just thinking about what I want to do. I have a rather boring life that consists of working (when I am not on sick leave) and coming home and watching TV. I don't do anything on my days off either. Needless to say I am bored all the time.

So I have been thinking of ways to get rid of the boredom. I love working with my hands, but don't have any skills in things that interest me. What I want to do is something with cars. I want to learn to work on them and actually know what I am doing and doing it right. I would love to be able to take an engine, transmission or just about anything apart and put it back together after repairing it.

I also have an interest in body repair. Fixing vehicles that have been damaged and repairing the properly. Everything from the repair to the pain.

Anyway I am sitting here thinking how can I do this. I don't want to lose my current job, I just wanting something to do on my days off. I don't even have to be paid. Call it an internship where I am actually learning while working. Kind of a trade off. I help out and am shown how to do things, chase parts or clean around the place in exchange for someone sharing their knowledge. I could work as I had time and it not interfere with my real job. Just one of those come as you can and learn.

Knowledge is a powerful thing. I know I am not a writer by any means. I just enjoy putting things down so I can look back at what i wrote and see if I accomplished any goals I set for myself. This blog is just my way of looking at myself through actually writing it down. I am not going to win any awards for spelling, grammar or complete sentences. I am just doing this as a way to express myself and take my mind of the stresses in my life right now.

So if any of you are mechanics or body shop owners and want to teach someone who is willing to work for you as a learning experience then I am your man. Not asking for any compensation unless you want to pay me. Just keep in mind that I have obligations that must be met before I can do other things.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment