Wednesday, December 15, 2010

As the year comes to an end

Another year has just about come and gone. We are approaching the end of 2010 quickly. Reflecting back on the year I have many things to be thankful for and many things I am not thankful for. I began the year on a good note. Life was going good and I was working and seemed to be headed in the right direction. By the time August got here things started spiralling down hill. I was transferred to a new city. My family doesn't know anyone here and we have no friends except each other. My son began Pre-K this year. My health started going downhill during the transfer. I believe that it all goes back to stress caused by the relocation and on if I was going to get enough money on my home sale and buy a new home before my transfer.

I am happy to say that yes we did get our home sold and bought a beautiful home in our new town in a great neighborhood. Can't say that I like all the new rules that come with a new work environment. Seems like big brother has us under his thumb now and wants to be a little more controlling. Not sure what life will bring next year, but I hope good health is one of the things I will see and soon.

One of my resolutions for next year is going to be starting a long and successful relationship with God. I have never been much of a church goer. Maybe it's just laziness or something. I am a believer, but have never had a true relationship with God. I want to learn more and I want my children to attend services and get to know God. I believe with his guidance I can live a more fulfilling life.

I also want to make advancements at work. I want to make a career move that will be beneficial to my family and I. I want my kids to grow intellectually and succeed in life. I want my oldest child to finally find her place in this world and realize life isn't about having fun. It will be her 3rd year in college and time to buckle down and do what needs to be done to complete it. I never did get to go to college. I had to work and support my new family that I had at the age of 17. Yes I made poor choices when I was younger and have tried everything to make them right.

Last, but not least is my relationship with my wife. I want our relationship to grow. We have been married 18 years and I still feel we are not as close to each other this past year as we have been before. I know the stress with my medical issues has played a major role in this, but that is not an excuse. I need to learn that I can't just go off on someone because I am having a bad day. I know my wife loves me and would do anything for me and does. I need to help her as much as she helps me. I have not done my fair share around here and need to help more. I think next year will be a better year for us and we will get past all that is happening with my health and my state of depression.

I hope everyone reading this has a great year and finds the peace they are searching for if you haven't already found it. God Bless you and your family. Remember to reach high for your goals in life and strive for more. You don't have to be a rich man. You don't have to have the fancy cars, toys and clothing. You could only make 7 dollars an hour and still be a rick man spiritually and have all you will ever need. I myself have failed in that, but will do my best to correct that issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment