Monday, December 13, 2010

Big day tomorrow

Well tomorrow is a big day and may be my last chance to figure out what is wrong with my stomach. I am scheduled to have a capsule endoscopy at 6:45 a.m. For some reason the gastro doc has decided to actually insert the pill cam himself instead of just having me swallow it. I hope and pray that this will be the last test and will have an answer for all these problems in the next week. I am at the point that I believe only God can intervene and heal me at this point. This has been a long fought illness and resulted in the loss of over 30 pounds and constant abdominal pain. I am not sure what to do anymore. I am tired and wore down. I am hanging onto my job by a thread due to being on sick leave for so long.

After this is completed I have to deal with my other issues. On the 20th I am scheduled to have a growth on my vocal chords removed. I won't be able to speak for 5 days after and only sparingly after that for another week. They are also looking at the results of my kidney MRI. During the testing for my stomach they also found a mass growing on my kidney. It couldn't be biopsied because they believed it was full of fluid and don't want to rupture it.

That's one of the bad parts about whatever is wrong with my stomach. They keep finding other things that are wrong with me and have to address those also. I will be glad to get back to a normal life and provide for my family. That is where the depression has come from. We are having to live off the money we made from selling our house to stay afloat. You may not think about it, but when you can't provide for your family weird things happen to your mind. I will write about that by itself so it may help others out there and even myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment